If you are a person who truly appreciates the taste of coffee, then you just have to grind your own coffee beans. This is part of the art of making your very own, personalized blend of coffee.
The coffee grinder usually uses a bur – a sharp conical-shaped bit – to grind the beans into small particles. This bit should be made of very good steel, so it does not ruin the taste of the coffee, does not heat up the coffee beans when grinding, and so does not lose the essential oils in the coffee.
Grinders are also equipped with a hopper that holds the beans and a set of gages and knobs, which can be adjusted in order to find just the right intensity for the coffee grinder. This allows you to pick the exact ground size for your coffee and select the time, which your coffee takes to grind. All of this makes it possible to adjust the taste perfectly.
In this list we have written about the best 8 coffee grinders on the market, all of which are made with precision, quality and care, and are offered for an adequate price.
Bodum Bistro Burr Grinder
This model is built to work with precision burrs that are made of solid steel and are not going to hurt the quality of the coffee grounds.
The model helps you preserve the coffee’s aroma, and the capacity of the hopper is 8.8 ounces. The ground coffee container holds 4 ounces of coffee.
The model has a lot of settings, and can grind coffee for French press and can also make Turkish fine coffee.
The model is made of ABS plastic. It is coated with a resilient and durable coating that protects it from any damage and helps it stay sturdy forever.
- The coffee maker uses very high-quality burrs that have a one-year warranty and last forever
- The machine does not produce any static, so the coffee grounds do not stick together
- The model is pretty quiet when working and will not disturb people
- It is possible to put the top of the grinder backwards – this causes it to jam and be impossible to remove
Bodum Bistro Burr Grinder
This model consistently cuts beans into grounds, and it is able to adjust the size of the grounds to 12 distinct sizes. The model uses conical burrs made of quality stainless steel, which makes it a lot more effective at saving the flavor than a blade grinder.
The model uses a friction clutch to impel the grinder. This allows it ti last much longer. The catcher for the grounds is made of borosilicate glass, which is almost impossible to break and which is safe for use with dishwashers.
The model is able to produce coffee for any kind of cooking, like French Press and pour-over coffee makers.
The hopper for beans holds 7.75 ounces of coffee.
- The model always grinds consistently and each time gives you the exact same flavor of coffee
- The device is built very stylishly, and will be an excellent decoration for any kitchen type
- The model is pretty durable, and even though some reviews are bad, most say it works well for a long time
- The model is not that easy to clean, and you have to take your time to do that
This stainless steel bur grinder is able to minimize the heat that is produced when the burr comes in contact with the seed. The construction, thus protects the coffee from losing its essential oils.
The model is very precise, and there are 60 settings that give the model such control over the size of the coffee grounds. The model has a voltage of 110 volts, and with a wattage of 165 this model is pretty strong.
The electronic timer lets the model control the grinding time down to tenths of a second. This again makes the grinder very apt at making the coffee exactly like you want it.
The capacity of this model is 18 ounces, and it has a special locking system that allows you to quickly remove and insert the bean holder after work with it.
The model grinds directly into a filter or container, and the diameter of the compatible portafilter is 58 millimeters.
- The high precision of the machinery allows you to adjust the device in order to have it exactly the way you want
- The hopper is of a very large size, and will hold a lot more beans than is usual
- The machine is made with a great level of quality
- The motor could be a bit more powerful, because the grinder sometimes slows down when working heavily
This is an award-winning model that is made by a well-known company that is preferred by professionals and restaurant owners, since it allows you to get a very detailed and precise grind. The machine has 40 variable settings that can be quickly changed at will, anytime you want. The model has a 40-mm burr, made in a conical shape, which is the ultimate shape for grinding coffee.
The device has the burrs made in Liechtenstein, where probably the best steels are made.
The powerful DC motor that runs the model is made to last for many years.
The model comes with a one-year warranty.
- The model is pretty quiet when working, and will not disturb people in other rooms
- The coffee grinder is very simple to use and makes life much more convenient
- The machine is built solidly and will last a long time even when used heavily
- The settings have such a small increment between them, that the difference is pretty hard to notice
This is an award-winning machine that is preferred by many coffee enthusiasts. The model has a digital timer that allows the machine to time the grinding process precisely. The model is able to grind coffee at 40 different grind sizes.
The bin for grounds has backlighting that allows it to be seen, for you to be easily able to tell the amount of coffee you have ground. The timer allows you to set the model to an accuracy of tenths of a second. The model uses very high-quality burrs that help you grind coffee without damaging its flavor or causing it to lose its essential oils.
The grinder looks very stylish, and it will be an improvement to your kitchen.
All of the important parts of this model, like the 40-mm burrs made in Liechtenstein, have warranties. The powerful DC motor that is installed on the model is backed with a warranty too, and the entire Virtuoso is backed with a one-year warranty.
- All the important parts of this model are made of high-quality steel and have warranties on them
- The LED backlighting of this machine is a feature many people enjoyed
- The overall quality and build of the machine is very high, and it is fully worth its price
- Some people say that the machine could use a bit more power and grind a little faster